We are sports specialists who work with high caliber athletes from the greater New York City area. Our physical therapists work with dance and gymnast populations, specifically, to help those athletes gain an edge at what they love to do. We use our experience and knowledge of science to create a path to success, no matter your health and fitness goals. We aren’t just physical therapists. We are former professional gymnasts ourselves, and parents of athletes. This unique perspective gives us an edge in the field of prevention and treatment of sports injuries. If you are a dancer or gymnast, at any level, when you are injured, you need a physical therapist with experience in sports-related injuries. We understand the higher demands athletes place on their muscles and joints, and how to optimize speed, power, and agility.
- Our physical therapists have years of experience rehabilitating athletes with:
- Postsurgical rehabilitation of the knee, shoulder, ankle, hip, and spine
- Shoulder & rotator cuff injuries
- Ligament sprains
- Muscle strains
- ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL rehab
- Post-fracture rehab
- Tennis elbow
- Overhead sports injuries
- Running & cycling injuries
A PERSONALIZED RECOVERY PROCESS
The process starts with a thorough evaluation of your condition and your personal goals. We then provide a custom program including the following:
- Control of Pain & Inflammation
- Recovery of Range of Motion
- Hands-on Techniques
- Neuromuscular Retraining
- Core & Extremity Strengthening
- Balance & Proprioceptive Activities
- Speed, Endurance, & Power Training
- Sport-specific Retraining
OPTIMIZING THE RECOVERY PROCESS
Injuries are an unfortunate side effect of sports but they don’t have to sideline you indefinitely. With the application of the latest clinical research, we can work hand–in–hand with your referring physician/surgeon to optimize the recovery process so you can reach your full potential.
Give us a call today to learn more about rehabilitation for gymnasts and dancers.